Virtual Learning Opportunities
Virtual learning consists of many forms of online education and creates an accessible approach for participants to increase their knowledge without geographical limitations. Although virtual learning is not a new concept, it has become exceedingly more popular over the last few years.
From virtual resource libraries, webinars, classrooms and fully accredited programs to virtual meetings, workshops, conferences and exhibitions, Sea to Sky will work with you and your ideas, content and goals and package it together with our expertise to create a unique virtual learning environment.
Sea to Sky provides virtual learning services that are customized to the needs of your organization and its members / clients. See below for information about what we do, or contact Ian Holliday, President to find out more.
- Proposal and grant writing to secure funding to create the programming
- Content development
- Learning management systems
- Overall project management
- Registration and finance
- Sponsorship sales and servicing
- Reporting and evaluations
- Support in acquiring accreditation
What’s a Learning Management System (LMS)?
A learning management system (LMS) is a software application that handles all aspects of the online learning process. A LMS manages the administration, tracking, assessing, reporting and delivery of educational content, such as courses and training programs.
The role of the LMS will vary depending on your organization’s goals and objectives. Sea to Sky will work with you to determine which learning management system works best for your organization’s desired outcomes.
Accreditation is a quality assurance process whereby program, education, and conference content is evaluated by an accrediting body to determine if the content meets established standards and guidelines. If approved, the accredited body grants accredited status to the content.
Whether your program, education and/or conference needs to be accredited is a strategic decision (would accreditation attract participants) that is impacted by the location of your program or conference (e.g. an international conference is difficult to accredit) and if there is a requirement for participants to gain Continuing Education Units (CEU).
Virtual Learning Examples
Here are a few examples of virtual learning projects where Sea to Sky has been a part of the management team.
Canadian Association of Pharmacy in Oncology (CAPhO)
- Five accredited online modules with quizzes
- Originally created in 2011, the program is now in its third edition
- OFD is a one-day online conference aimed at oncology pharmacists
- OFD Tech is a one-day online conference aimed at oncology pharmacy technicians and assistants
- Annual events started in 2016
- Each conference consists of five to seven sessions accompanied by an online forum
- Resources are uploaded to the Resource Library post conference
- A three-phased online and in-person education program centred around interactive learning through case studies
- Originally created in 2018, offered annually since then
- In 2020, the Drug Interactions Workshop was offered virtually
International Society of Oncology Pharmacy Practitioners (ISOPP)
Oncology Pharmacotherapy and Applications of Biosimilars (OPAB) Program
- An online program consisting of pre-program readings, 10 online courses (a total of 25 hours), online support from Faculty, learning assessments and an opportunity to meet at ISOPP’s 2022 Symposium to expand the Biosimilars Expert Network
- Launching in 2021
Department of Emergency Medicine and Media Services, University of British Columbia
- Early out the gate to support virtual learning, we are working with the UBC team to deliver live webcast health forums – several featured multiple webcasts in different languages, 2015 to 2020