Being Connected and Learning Virtually
The advent of COVID-19 meant organizations needed to switch their focus on members and revenue streams away from in person to virtual almost overnight. Sea to Sky was there to assist with multiple technology solutions from the beginning to help our clients maintain member engagement through virtual conferences, webinars and customized online learning solutions. We have been online with our clients as early as 2012, and our experience and skill set show through when we go live!
The virtual world doesn’t need to be an expensive one which only large corporations can afford. We have worked with not-for-profits to inexpensively broadcast and archive important meetings for virtual audiences. We have experience in monetizing your virtual resources, which helps generate revenue!
The technology is there for everyone to access – we can assist you in understanding your entry points and your options. Please contact Ian Holliday, Project Director to discuss your interest in our virtual hub.
We begin each virtual project with a client consultation to understand the goals of the event, the desired educational outcomes and the ability of participants to engage virtually (e.g. is it likely they have late model computers, good bandwidth or are they remote with low bandwidth, do they need gamification to encourage participation, etc.).
Sea to Sky’s virtual meeting services will support your objectives to connect and educate your participants and members. Learn more about the different types of virtual meetings in our Virtual Meetings in Many Forms blog post and have a look at our Virtual Infographic.
Planning and Delivery
From there, we can offer a variety of platforms and complementary technologies, such as additional languages (audio, closed caption and ASL), word clouds and educational-based trivia games to provide all users with the best experience possible. We also offer in-house presentation recording and editing (adding titles, graphics, editing out mistakes, etc.) so that you can provide a polished presentation. The opportunities to engage your participants and members are endless – and Sea to Sky has a reputation of being very creative!
In the weeks leading up to the virtual event, we offer rehearsal times for presenters to allow them to gain familiarity with the platform, and for us to test webcams, audio and internet strength. When it is time to go live, our team is behind the scenes producing the event and providing live support.
After the event we can post recordings for on demand viewing in the conference platform or on client website, or they can be re-purposed as part of an e-learning series that can act as another revenue stream.
If you are already thinking down the road to when we can meet in person again, Sea to Sky can help you plan and execute a hybrid meeting, a combination of an in-person and virtual meeting, allowing those not able to attend to participate on-line. A hybrid meeting can include live or pre-recorded presentations from presenters around the world, ensuring the full educational program is uninterrupted. Any virtual sessions can also be recorded for post-event viewing.
We continue to keep on top of the latest advances in virtual meeting technology and learning trends so that we can advise you on how best to engage and connect participants and members, in person and virtually.
Virtual Meeting Achievements
- Reformatted a four-day in-person program to a two-day virtual conference in 6 weeks (held in May 2020)
- 700 participants
- Over 70 presenters
- 17 plenary presentations
- Seven live Q&A sessions
- 45 oral abstract presentations
- Over 250 ePoster presentations
- One annual general meeting
- Sponsored symposia included within program
- ‘Say hi’ chat pod for members to connect with friends and colleagues
- Posted all pre-recorded educational sessions on CAHR’s YouTube channel for on-demand viewing
- Reformatted an in-person conference program to a collection of weekend presentations in 6 weeks (held in June 2020)
- 250+ participants
- Four live educational sessions
- Six sponsored symposia
- Four award winning poster presentations
- One awards presentation
- One annual general meeting
- Interactive components included audience polling, live Q&A sessions and participant chat box
- Reformatted an in-person complex 5-day conference program to a virtual conference of the same complexity in 6 weeks (held in August 2020)
- Developed videos and FAQs to guide viewers in using the online platform
- 23 presenter rehearsals
- 700+ participants
- 13 live sessions
- 11 pre-recorded sessions
- Virtual sponsor gallery
- Meeting hub for participants to connect online
- Ten concurrent paper author Q&A sessions held twice daily