Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Sea to Sky Meeting Management LTD. (Sea to Sky) understands how much our clients value the security and privacy of their information. We maintain the highest of security and privacy standards.
Sea to Sky conforms to all provincial and federal laws regarding the privacy of information. We do not sell, rent, exchange, or otherwise disclose our clients’ mailing lists.
Sea to Sky is in compliance with Canada’s Anti-spam Law (CASL) and the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We protect our clients’ personal information using physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. These are specifically designed to protect the integrity, security, and appropriate use of clients’ personal information and to prevent theft, loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Sea to Sky is committed to protecting the privacy of all personal data you provide for our clients’ membership and registration.
The following statements describe how your data will be used, what it will be used for, and how long it will be stored for. You are thereby fully informed prior to you submitting your personal information and giving your consent to Sea to Sky, acting on behalf of our clients, to create your membership, register and/or make a purchase on one of our clients’ websites.
Please contact Sarah Lowis, Founder and Impact Officer if you have any concerns and/or if you have any questions regarding your data privacy.
Why are we processing your personal data?
When you visit one of our clients’ websites, we only collect your personal information when it is explicitly requested – you register for a membership, for a conference or an event, make a purchase, and/or sign up to receive an e-newsletter and other communications.
Who will have access to your data?
Processing your: membership, registration, hotel booking, requested services, as well as communicate with you about these activities, the client’s work, and other information related to our clients’ missions.
Organizations that may have access to your data include the following:
- Sea to Sky as the organizer / administrator, for the purposes of membership, event registration and participation, requested services, and other related communications
- Professional Conference Organizers of the events for the purpose of managing the events
- Conference hotels for the purpose of booking your hotel room and managing that booking
- Fellow event participants, including sponsors and exhibitors, through participant lists and/or event Apps and other devices, for the purposes of connecting and communicating prior, during and post event
- Other service providers, such as hosting, software maintenance, credit card processing (Getnet Europe, Entidad de Pago, S.L.U.), e-newsletter tools, registration software, and journal distributors. These service providers may be supplied with or have access to the information you provide through our clients’ websites, but only for the purpose of providing these services to our clients on their behalf. These service providers are obligated to keep confidential the information you provide through the website and need to be CASL and GDPR complaint in order to work with our clients.
- Member volunteers, such as the Board and Committee members, may have access to certain portions of the information you provided in the course of their role as Board or Committee member.
Our clients do not sell, rent or exchange their members’, event registrants’ and other stakeholders’ contact details.
How will my data be collected and stored?
Personal data will be collected safely and securely, and may be stored and processed in Canada, the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia or any other continent or country in which our clients, their vendors, or partners, maintain facilities. Adequate security measures have been taken to safeguard your information against possible misuse or unauthorized access as much as it is feasible.
At any time, you may:
- Ask what personal data we hold about you and how that data is used
- Ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data we hold about you or ask us to delete your personal data
- Opt out of any marketing or other communications that we or our third-party suppliers may send to you
- Have the right to withdraw your consent for our clients to use your personal data
How long will we store your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, our clients will keep it for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In the event of a data security breach, our clients will notify you within 72 hours of discovering the breach.
Cookies and Log Files
Our site also uses log files to track site usage and trends. When you visit our site, we automatically retain certain information that your computer sends to us, such as the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our site, your IP address, and the type of web browser you are using. We use this information to analyze usage of our site and to improve the user experience. This information does not identify you personally.
Security of Information
One reason why Sea to Sky uses EventsAIR is that it makes security and privacy top priorities. For example, the EventsAIR Internet Registration Module takes advantage of state-of-the-art security systems, which are audited annually, to safeguard our clients’ data and communications. It includes features such as:
- Credit card encryption
- Multiple user security levels
- Detailed change log
- Privacy management
- IP address tracking for online payments
- Automatic potential credit card fraud alert
In addition, the interactive web application has a number of security advantages:
- Web pages are not stored as physical files, making them almost impossible to deface
- Administrative functions are limited by IP address and/or login requirements
- Minimum permissions are used to run the application, which means that in the unlikely event that EventsAir is compromised, the attacker would have virtually zero power beyond interrupting the Interactive webpage itself.
The seatoskymeetings.com website is owned and operated by Sea to Sky Meeting Management. The material contained in this site is owned, for the most part, by Sea to Sky. This site may also contain materials that are owned by third parties.
Access and Use
You may download and print material from this site for you own use, but you must leave all identifying marks and copyright notices intact. The duplication or reproduction of this material for any other use is strictly prohibited unless authorization is given by Sea to Sky.
Credit Card Payments
If paying by credit card, “Sea to Sky Meeting Management” will appear as the vendor on your credit card statement, and the amount charged will be the equivalent amount in the currency of your country. Sea to Sky processes payments online through EventsAIR software, a secure online registration and event management software, developed and supported by Centium Software. EventsAIR is fully PCI compliant to the highest possible level (Level 1). Real time online credit card processing is facilitated through PayPal and eMerchantpay.