Thank you for your interest in Sea to Sky Meeting Management Inc. All positions are currently filled. Please visit our site again for future job postings that may relate to your experience and talents.
Are you planning or considering a career as a meeting planner or special events producer? Sea to Sky Meeting Management has some advice and information about what you can do to succeed in the industry:
- Join an association. Industry associations offer excellent networking opportunities and students are often able to join at reduced rates. See our resources page for an association website listing.
- Volunteer. Volunteering for a major conference or special event will give you hands-on experience and a chance to demonstrate your skills.
- Get connected. Check local media for upcoming industry events and ask to attend.
- Work in the hotel industry. You will develop valuable skills in customer service, multi-tasking and organization. You will also meet and work with meeting planners or have exposure to the catering department and the special events they organize.
- Find a mentor. Develop a relationship with someone who can be your mentor in the hospitality industry. Mentors have connections and are valuable sources of information and guidance.
- Set clear goals. Work out what you want for your career and your life, be prepared to start at the bottom and work hard.
- Understand the big picture. Do plenty of research and have an idea of the big picture of the industry and what is involved. Read industry publications and take courses.
Certified Meeting Professional – CMP
The foremost certification of the meetings, conventions and exhibitions industry, the CMP program recognizes individuals who have achieved the industry’s highest standard of professionalism.
Certified Meeting Manager – CMM
The mission of the CMM program is to select, educate, and certify management-level meeting and event professionals. The program enhances the strategic decision-making ability of these leaders to manage and deliver exceptional meetings and events that drive organizational success.
The CMM Designation is under review – view the Update.
Certified Special Events Professional – CSEP
The CSEP designation is the hallmark of professional achievement in the special events industry. It is earned through education, performance, experience, and service to the industry, and reflects a commitment to professional conduct and ethics.
Certified Association Executive – CAE
Earn the CAE® designation and learn the not-for-profit management skills you need with hands-on, comprehensives courses facilitated by instructors with extensive experience in the sector.
Contact Sarah Lowis, CMP, CMM, President, Sea to Sky Meeting Management for more information.